Commission: Consultation & Design Fee
I am honored to work with you on your custom commission. Payment of this non-refundable Consultation & Design Fee will initiate your project.
** If we haven't yet discussed your project jointly - please contact me before making this purchase and review below summary. I'd like to know a bit more about your project, your goals, etc. If we discover that we are a perfect fit for each other, payment of this Consultation & Design Fee will initiate your project.
Interested to learn more about the Commission approach? Here's what you should expect.
- Send me a note through the Contact Us Page. Be sure to include important information about your project. Details like the following will be super helpful to identify if I'm a good fit for your commission: what sort of piece you have in mind (ring, necklace, etc), desired metal (silver, gold, mixed metals, etc.), ballpark budget, desired timelines, style or design inspirations, etc.
- After collecting some of the important details and identifying if the project is a good fit, I will schedule a telephone meeting with you so we can jointly discuss your ideas and the particulars of your commission.
- To move forward, a $200 non-refundable Consultation / Design fee will be due to initiate the commission. This $200 will be applied toward your final purchase amount.
- Upon receipt of the Consultation / Design Fee, the Design Phase will formally begin. Taking the outcomes of our joint discussion into consideration, you will be provided with drawings, timelines, and an estimated quote. Your sign-off will be requested at this point bringing the Design Phase to a close.
- 50% of the total estimated quote amount is due to begin the Production Phase of your project. Once your project has started production no refunds will be provided.
- Any design or materials changes requested throughout Production may alter the initial quote, and will determine the final amount due.
- Periodic updates will occur during the Production phase so you are aware of progress.
- Payment of the remaining balance is due in full prior to delivery.
- For an order cancelation after production begins, the client agrees they are responsible for any non-recoverable costs for the piece.
- Custom commissions and personalized orders are final and are not eligible for a return or a refund.
- Timelines vary by scope, but Commissions typically take 16 weeks or more to complete all phases.