Peterson MADE is an online shop based in the Charlotte, North Carolina area. Each piece is handcrafted by Barb Peterson (that's me!), and fabricated with precious metals, gemstones, and minerals.
When your order is received, it will be placed into a queue which enables me to complete orders as they are received.
- If your piece is marked Ready to Ship, it will leave the studio within 3 business days.
- For Made To Order pieces, additional time is needed as I make the piece specifically for you. Timelines vary but generally fall within a 3 - 4 week window. **Current timelines will also be announced in the banner at the top of my website.
- Custom Commissions timelines will vary by scope of commission, but generally take 4 weeks +.
All orders shipped within North Carolina are subject to NC sales tax.
I will ship items USPS First Class unless otherwise specified. USPS Insurance is not included, but is available at an additional cost. Please contact me to make arrangements.
US Domestic Shipping: All packages are shipped USPS First Class. Delivery time usually takes between 2 - 6 business days. Packages are NOT insured. Contact me if you wish to insure your package and I will adjust the rates accordingly.
International Shipping: All packages are shipped USPS First Class Package International. Please note that I am not responsible for any duties, taxes or customs fees, as they are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Contact me if you would like to purchase a tracking number or insurance, and I will adjust the rates accordingly.
Exchanges & Returns:
I want you to be happy with your purchase. If you aren't, please contact me within 48 hours of delivery. Since many pieces are made to order, I generally do not accept returns, but please contact me so we can find a mutually agreeable solution. Personalized, commissioned, and sale pieces are not eligible for a return or a refund.
Personalization, ring size, etc. will be made exactly as written, provided, or ordered by the buyer. Errors made based on the customers' submissions are not refundable. Of course, if I make an error - I will correct it free of charge.
Our Exchange / Return Policy is 7 days from delivery date. To be eligible for a return, please contact me within 48 hours of delivery to make arrangements. The item must be unused, undamaged, and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. Shipping expense will not be refunded or reimbursed.
Some items are exempt from exchange, return or refund eligibility:
~ personalized, customized or commissioned pieces
~ sale items
~ gift cards
~ any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
~ any item that exceeds our policy timelines or eligibility criteria
- A little care goes a long way in preserving the beauty and life of your jewelry.
- Sterling silver will oxidize over time. To prevent oxidation, store your jewelry in a small plastic bag.
- I do not recommend the use of any chemicals or commercial cleaners as they can alter the finish of your jewelry.
- I strongly recommend you remove your jewelry before swimming. Always apply hairspray and perfume before you put on your jewelry. Chemicals are not good for your stones or your metal.
- If you want to clean your jewelry, a soft cloth or a gentle soap and water rinse is fine.
- Over time, your matte or satin finish pieces may become increasingly shiny, and is completely normal. If you prefer a matte finish, you can gently rub the metal with a grey 3M pad.
- I can re-matte or restore the original patina on jewelry purchased through Peterson MADE for the cost of shipping.
I am happy to make Layaway arrangements with you. See the Layaway page for more info.